McDonald's Offers Apology To Pregnant Mother Who Was Served A Tainted Latte
McDonald's is saying sorry to Sarah Douglas, a 32-week pregnant mother who was served a cleaning solution in her latte in Alberta, Canada.
Douglas was driving her son to a baseball tournament on Sunday when she stopped by a McDonald’s drive-thru. She received her order and continued on her way...until taking a sip of her latte.
"I immediately had to put my hazard lights on and pull over and spit it out and rinse my mouth out," Douglas told CBC News.
She then headed back to the restaurant to speak to a manager. "I showed him the coffee and he had asked if I wanted a new one, and I said, 'Absolutely not, this is unacceptable.' I said I need to speak to someone higher up and he said he was the only supervisor on at the time, and he gave me his manager's phone number."
"The supervisor went and got the bottle that was hooked up to it and brought it over to the counter, and I took a picture of it, so I knew what I was working with — what I had consumed so I could talk to 811 and poison control," Douglas said.
Franchisee owner, Dan Brown said in a statement. “What happened is that the machine was being cleaned — as it is every morning. Unfortunately, the milk supply line was connected to the cleaning solution while this guest’s drink was made,” “We have taken immediate action to review the proper cleaning procedures with the team and have put additional signage up as an added reminder.”
McDonald’s says a health inspector has visited the restaurant and is not investigating further.